The Equal Opportunity & Discrimination Prevention (EODP) Office of provides a variety of standard and customized training programs to help faculty and staff understand, prevent and respond to discrimination, harassment and equity in work and academic environments. We highlight the latest campus and system-wide trends and provide information related to relevant policies and procedures regarding discrimination and harassment.
The training workshops offered by the EODP Office are open to all campus employees and departments.
- EO/AA & Diversity Search Committee Briefing – Briefing intended to address compliance and best practice issues related to Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and Improving Diversity in Academic and Staff search processes. EODP offers the 90-minute Briefing for any Department who requests the Briefing.
- AA/EEO Non-Discrimination Overview – Overview of UC Non-Discrimination policy and the State and Federal laws and regulations, which are the basis for the UC policy, as well as Federal Affirmative Action regulation and its application within our Campus.
- Professional Training on Mutual Respect – This workshop explores the role we all have in creating environments that are inclusive, safe, and supportive for every individual’s success. In alignment with UCSB’s mission, this collaborative endeavor is facilitated by EODP, Title IX, and CARE in an effort to understand how our backgrounds and experiences shape our beliefs, values, and actions. You will learn skills and tools to acknowledge and address biases and microaggressions in a respectful manner and understand potential policy implications.
- Equity & Inclusion Training - Please refer to the following campus resources:
- Office of the Vice Chancellor for Diversity Equity, and Inclusion - https://diversity.ucsb.edu/workshops-grants-awards/professional-development
- Center for Innovative Teaching, Research, and Learning - https://www.citral.ucsb.edu/programming
- Office of Student Life - https://studentlife.sa.ucsb.edu/equity/grow
- Resource Center for Sexual & Gender Diversity - https://rcsgd.sa.ucsb.edu/education/trainings
Please contact Ricardo Alcaino at firstname.lastname@example.org to request training.